Active Muscle Rub is a softer consistency than our other balms, ideal for massaging sore and aching muscles. It contains arnica oil, shown to be effective in relieving osteoarthritic pain1 and reducing bruising2. Organic thistle oil, sweet almond oil, shea butter and beeswax are infused with the warming organic essential oils of black pepper and ginger, together with organic Rosemary Antioxidant oil to prolong the balm’s shelf life.
Active Muscle Rub is available in 15g, 25g and 50g glass jars. We also offer a taster in a 5g sample jar for you to try before you invest in a larger size.
Please recycle the jars in your household recycling, or you can up-cycle them into tea-light holders. Let us know your own great ideas!
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) – Organic
- Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Thistle) – Organic
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Nut) – Organic
- Cera Alba (Beeswax) – Organic
- Arnica Montana Extract (Arnica) – Organic
- Tocopherol Oil (Natural Vitamin E)
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower) – Organic
- Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary antioxidant Botanical CO2 Extract) – Organic
- Zingiber Officinale Root Essential Oil (Ginger) – Organic
- Piper Nigrum Essential Oil (Black Pepper) – Organic
Note: The following are naturally occurring constituents of the essential oils:
Citral, Limonene, linalool.
96.3% organic ingredients
3.7% ingredients of natural origin
1 Knuesel, O., Weber, M. and Suter, A. (2002). Arnica montana gel in osteoarthritis of the knee: an open, multicenter clinical trial. Advances in Therapy. Vol.19 (5), 209-18.
2 Leu, S., Havey, J., White, L.E., Martin, N., Yoo, S.S., Rademaker, A.W. and Alam, M. Accelerated resolution of laser‐induced bruising with topical 20% arnica: a rater‐blinded randomized controlled trial. (2010). British Journal of Dermatology, Vol. 163 (3), 557-563.
3 Caddy, R. (2000) Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Colour. Bristol, Amberwood Publishing.
4 Ming-Chiu, O., Yu-Fei, L., Chih-Ching, L. and Shyi-Kuen, W. (2014). The Effectiveness of Essential Oils for Patients with Neck Pain: A Randomized Controlled Study. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Vol. 20, (10), https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2013.0453.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.